In this design, we played with spacing at the expense of the robot having pitch capabilities. We didn't like this design, but it did inspire us to consider what core movement capabilities each system should have.

This design was our first attempt to integrate our leg design with the aluminum body. At this point, we began testing walking gaits and which abdominal motions were needed to make the robot move effectively.

This design focused on perfecting the servo brackets. These are 2 systems that we made small changes in the brackets designs. They also utilized our newest leg design. Here we moved away from depending on a connecting component to extend the elbow. We found that this new method was more effective and allowed the robot to maximize the elbow servos torque.

System Version 4.0

System Version 3.5

Leg Version 1.0

This design was our first attempt to 3d print the body components. We struggled creating servo bracket components that would center the yaw (left/right) and pitch (up/down). We determined that this design placed the front and rear legs to close together. This hindered the effectiveness of the walking gait.

System Version 3.0

This was our first leg design. It was composed of 2 main parts for shoulder and elbow flexion. This leg design used a connector to execute a push/pull motion. This design stuck around for a while but the design itself was ineffective as it put unneeded stress on the elbow servo.

Early Versions

This initial design was used to determine servo placement and functionality. We used aluminum servo brackets to develop our frame.

System Version 4.5

In this design, we played around with different ways to space out the front and rear legs. We also redesigned our servo bracket components to further center the platform.

System Version 1.0

System Version 2.0

The first walk